What to Write Inside a Mother's Day Card
Written by Jean-Paul Michael
This Sunday, on May 12th, 2019, countless mothers and mother figures across North America and elsewhere in the world will be waking up to breakfast in bed, a Mother's Day card and gifts, and spending the day being thoroughly spoiled by their loved ones. Mothers, grandmothers, mothers-in-law, stepmothers, wives, godmothers, aunts, partners, sisters, friends and other fellow moms are the ladies in our lives who need to be celebrated and honoured and not just once a year. Nevertheless, Mother's Day is the ideal time to express your love and what better way to do so than with lovely words inside a beautiful card?
We recently wrote a guide on how to write the perfect greeting card, which you may want to read first, as we think it's your words and your personality that make it personal and special. Once you've done so, head back here for some great examples of what to write inside your Mother's Day card. Depending on who you're sending the card to, as many female figures are often celebrated on this special day, we have various options for you to choose from.
What to write inside your mom's card
Mother's Day is all about her so writing a truly personal message is the best way to show your mom just how much she means to you. Let your personality shine through your words and reflect the relationship you have with her, with either a heartfelt or sweet message such as:
- I'm so proud to have you for a mom and I'm so incredibly lucky to be your son/daughter.
- Thank you for everything and for always being there for me, no matter what.
- I'll always have a special place in my heart for my one and only mom. I love you!
- Each and every day, I am so thankful for you and more than words can express. Happy Mother's Day to the world's greatest mom.
- Raising a kid like me took a lot of patience. Thanks for hanging in there, Mom!
- Happy Mother's Day, Mom, from your favourite child!
What to write inside your grandmother's card
Whether you call her Grandma, Nana, Granny, Memaw or something else, don't forget to celebrate the matriarch of the family on this special day too, with a Mother's Day card message that she'll appreciate and adore, such as:
- Thanks to you, I not only have a wonderful grandmother, but I have a wonderful mom too!
- Grandma, you are the heart and soul of our family. Thank you for everything.
- You’ll always have your own special place in my heart, Nanna. I love you!
- Your love has shaped me in lasting ways and I am blessed to have you as my grandmother.
- Thanks for all the love and delicious cookies over the years, Granny. And the cookies. Did I mention cookies?
What to write inside your wife/partner's card
While some spouses and partners write cards from their small children on this day, some also write their own cards, simply to thank their better half for everything they do for the family. You could include a message such as:
- Thank you for going above and beyond every single day for our family.
- On this Mother's Day, I wanted to tell you just how much you mean to me and the kids every single day. We love you so much!
- I can't help but admire the amazing ways you are a mother. I'm so grateful that you are the mother of our children.
- Sharing parenthood with such an awesome human being is something I'll always treasure.
- Because of you, our family is blessed with love, understanding and lots of fun and it only makes me love you more.
What to write inside the card of someone who is like a mother to you
If you have had a role model in your life who has served as a mother figure, who you appreciate and love, you can send them a Mother's Day card to show this, with a message such as:
- Thank you for being like a mom to me, now and always.
- Because I have learned so much from you, you are my inspiration to be a better mom.
- Happy Mother's Day to a fabulous woman who is a real blessing to everyone around her - especially me!
- To a wonderful woman on Mother's Day. I am so glad to have you in my life and hope that continues for the rest of it.
- Thank you for being my friend and like a mother to me. I will forever be grateful.
Author BioJean-Paul Michael has spent his entire adult life in the greeting card industry. He co-founded Northern Cards when he was 18 years old and over the last 3 decades, he has held many varying positions in the company. Today, he is proud to be Northern Cards' Publisher and a lifelong greeting card geek.